Yields: 6 nests
This recipe is similar to a “haystack cookie”. I actually wanted to use a haystack recipe to create these, but then I found out that haystack cookies are made of chocolate and noodles… and I just can’t get past noodle cookies, so I branched out and went for pretzels, almonds, and cereal.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup dipping wafers (your choice of milk, dark, caramel, PB, etc!)
- 1 cup crunched up pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup bran cereal (not the flakes, but the little stringy guys)
- A handful of mini eggs, or similar candies
- Break pretzel sticks into small pieces. In a large bowl, mix almonds, bran, and pretzels.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your wafers on high in 30 second intervals until liquified.
- Pour onto pretzel mixture and stir until thoroughly coated.
- On a piece of parchment, take a large spoonful of mixture and shape it into a nest. If the chocolate is too hot, it will melt apart. In that case, give it a minute or so to cool and try again. I shaped the outside edges with the palms of my hands and pushed the inside in with my thumbs- like using a pottery wheel- if that makes sense. Don’t stress if your mixture is hardening in the bowl before you have a chance to shape it, as you can just nuke it for 15 seconds and try again.
- Once they’re shaped and beginning to harden, dip the eggs in any remaining melted chocolate and stick them in the cookies.